Sunday 3 February 2013

What Do I Want To Do?

                  If anything were possible I would hope to be a different person with heightened abilities, which would then allow me to achieve and do all that I want to.
To be honest, I want to read more. I want to feel more in touch with my mind. Hell, I wish I could be more alive. I want to be a genius. The endless information to be drawn upon is the energy of life. I would show off, challenge those around me and watch them quiver with embarrassment as I outwit them. I want my work to be admired. I want to walk into any school, in any country, on any continent and see my work read. I want to stride into an English class and sit, and listen to mediocre minds explain my art to the youth. I would stand and yell, ha, not even close beard face; even if their summation was plausible. I would then skip out to stunned silence.
                If I had no inhibitions my dreams could be reality. I’d write more, not fearing the consequences of my words. I would not fear the lack of validity I expect. I would not throw half-baked symbolism into each piece hoping for recognition. I’d just write and be free to think. If I could do this without apprehension, a genius I would be, but more so, I’d be happy.  

2 comments:

  1. Definite boost in comedy with this one. Weirdly inspiring, in a demented sort of way. I still question the formatting, though. Call me picky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Ciaran said, this is strangely inspiring. Your endless list of wants and wishes is not cocky but full of aspiration and drive, as well as having a comedic voice throughout.

    ReplyDelete